Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Mass EI Consortium Conference

I had the amazing opportunity to attend the Massachusetts Early Intervention Consortium Conference in Marlborough today and yesterday. Yes, I stayed over thanks to the loving support of my mom and wonderful husband. In addition to the obvious...a much needed great night's sleep...the conference completely exceeded my expectations. It was AWESOME!

It started with me just happening to sit down next to a woman I had been told to look out for (I only knew her name, and we were wearing name tags) amongst the hundreds of people there! She is an awesome mom from this area who shares many of the same joys and struggles and I have a feeling it was the start of a great friendship. She also introduced me to another mom who she met at last year's conference and I can say the same of her!! We actually stayed up close to midnight sharing our stories...it feels great to talk and network with people who truly understand what you are going through.

I spent two days attending informative and empowering workshops for parents of special needs children and early intervention professionals. I have to say...I feel rejuvenated and excited to implement strategies that I learned to propel our family further down this journey!! I am so grateful I was given the opportunity to attend and I hope to share more info about what I learned in future posts.

1 comment:

  1. This is all so overwhelming...How do you remember all that they tell you???You are doing a remarkable job with him and getting all the knowledge that you need to know about his problems....We don't know why these things happen but he is obviously giving you a lot of joy and love as each day goes by...Of coarse, he is getting a lot of love and care from his mom and dad....and his big sister....

    Thank you for taking the time out to sit down and write all the info down for us to be able to read of the going on's in Anthony's life....Not that I fully understand all of it....Guess this brain is slowing down.

    Thank you! Love Aunty Beth

    ReplyDelete